avzombie.com

Steve May's entertainment technology joint

avzombie.com header image 2

Toshiba pacts with Sony over super-chip operation

February 21st, 2008 · No Comments

Just days after throwing in the HD DVD towel to the Sony-led Blu-ray alliance, Toshiba has signed a joint venture agreement with the PS3-maker as part of its acquisition of Sony’s advanced chip-making facilities.
Toshiba will pay 90 billion yen for Sony’s semiconductor operation, which includes the wafer production lines used to make the PS3 Cell microprocessor. The new joint venture operation is split between Toshiba (owning 60 per cent) and Sony and Sony Computer Entertainment, which share the remaining 40 per cent. The deal was first announced last autumn.

Tags: Corporate · Internet and networking · Trade · Video games

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

You must log in to post a comment.